Download the Quick Start Guide here.
Ring Up by NCR Silver is a mobile payment solution with two components:
1. The Ring Up Bluetooth credit card reader
2. The Ring Up mobile application
This guide assumes you have already enrolled in Ring Up service and received your welcome e-mail, have downloaded the application to your mobile device, and have received your Bluetooth card reader. The Ring Up app can be downloaded on iOS or Android devices and requires a cellular or Wi-Fi connection.
Before You Start
Ring Up is designed to work with the latest mobile technology, so you’ll need the latest operating system on your mobile device. To update your software, follow the instructions below:
1. Tap the Setting icon on your device
2. Tap General
3. Tap Software Update
4. If an update is available, follow the instructions on your screen to update your device.
1. If an update is available, you will see a notification on your Settings icon.
2. Tap the Settings icon on your device
3. Tap Software Update and follow the instructions on your screen to update your device.
Once you download the Ring Up app, you will need to log in with the username and password from your welcome e-mail. The welcome e-mail looks like this:
To Log in,
1. Tap the Ring Up icon to open the app.
2. Enter your username and password and tap Log In.
3. Your device and app will register to your store. You will be asked to enter an email address for password recovery, agree to the terms of service, set up two security questions, then notified to pair your Bluetooth reader.
Note: if you forgot your password, tap Forgot Password? to reset.
Charge and Pair your Bluetooth Reader
Plug the USB charge cable included with your Bluetooth reader into a computer or wall-charging accessory. The cable connects to the Ring Up card reader using the micro USB port (2) above.
Once charged, pair your Bluetooth reader to your device:
1. Press the power button (1) to turn the Bluetooth reader on. Make sure the red light (3) turns on.
2. Wait for the blue light (3) to flash.
3. Open the Ring Up app and log in.
4. Tap the three “hamburger” lines in the top left corner.
5. Tap Settings.
6. Tap Bluetooth Reader Settings.
7. Tap Pair a New Reader.
8. Follow the on screen instructions to pair your reader. Tap the available reader that matches the last half your reader’s serial number.
9. When complete, the reader’s name will be listed as “connected”
There are a few important settings to look at before you start selling. Go to the Settings screen and make a few quick adjustments.
- Tap Transaction under Settings.
- Tap Sales Tax.
- Tap the tax field and use the number pad to enter your tax rate.
- Tap the check mark at the top right.
- Slide the Tip toggle on or off depending on if you wish to accept tips. It is on by default.
- Tap the back arrow by Transactions in the top left to return to the Settings.
Quickly glance at your receipt settings to make sure the best contact and business information for you input. This is important if you want to stay connected with customers after the sale.
1. From the settings menu, tap Receipts.
2. Tap the empty image box above Add Logo to upload an image to display on receipts. You can take a new photo or add an existing photo.
3. Enter a thank you message in the text box. You can use 150 characters.
4. Enter the following optional information:
- Phone contact (where customers can reach you)
- Your businesses website address
- Link to Facebook page
- Link to twitter
5. Tap the check mark in the top right corner to save your entries.
Share Location of Receipt
Toggle on to share the location where the sale took place. You must have location services turned on in your phone or tablet settings to enable this feature.
You are ready to take payments! It is simple.
1. Open the menu and tap New Sale.
2. Enter in your customer’s total and tap Add to Cart.
3. Tap Tap to Proceed.
4. Follow the on-screen steps picture below to complete the transaction!
If you have a standard set of products, you can set up a Catalog in your Ring Up App settings. This allows you to sell a pre-priced product, and gives you the option to use barcodes to sell prepackaged items.